|Nathalie M.L. Römer
Nathalie Marie-Louise Römer (born January 9, 1969) is a British expat who set up home in Sweden where she primarily writes fantasy, science fiction and romance novels, novellas and short stories, as well as non-fiction as N. Lee. To date she has penned eight novels, a half dozen short stories and a non-fiction memoir. She writes erotica as Liz Crowe, a nom-de-plume dating back to her secret fanfic days in the mid-1990s and which she decided to re-adopt for this part of her career.
Nathalie was born in Leiden, Netherlands in 1969, and is the eldest child of Siegfried E. Römer, a legal expert and lawyer, and Jennifer M. Römer (née Bates), a personnel manager. Her parents met in Denmark in the 1960s, and married in August 1968.
Nathalie has one surviving sister, Peggy, who has studied costume design and has since established a career in hospitality management. Her other sister Deborah passed away from complications of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Type 1 Diabetes.
Nathalie primarily writes under her birth name that she lists on her books as Nathalie M.L. Römer. Her name used for non-fiction is partially a nod towards her grandmother's maiden name. The initial is from Nathalie's first name.
Nathalie M.L. Römer is the name by which she does her work running her company Emerentsia Publication, which she co-owns with her partner B. Anders Davidson, also an author since 2018.
Life and Career
Nathalie's life begins almost like a story. She hails from two families who both taught her that you achieve through hard work, which resulted in her career as an author. Her late maternal grandmother was a school cook until she retired, and she was fiercely independent (something Nathalie is as well) and she worked for the British Girl Guides for many decades.
She was reminded of her own goals in life when at her grandmother's funeral it was states that her grandmother was a strong and independent person, and this set a plan into action to be similar with her writing career.
Nathalie's late paternal grandfather was (and still is) her "rock" and she always looked up to him, and always listened to his advice. One of the most vivid things she remembers is a conversation where he said "she should always strive to be a strong, loyal and caring person."
Because of him, loyalty and friendship are important to Nathalie, and it's also a common theme in her stories. Her grandfather proves that if you set out to achieve a goal it is always possible to reach it when he because the first person of colour to serve on an all-white board of directors for Shell, based on Curaçao, in the mid-20th century. He worked later for the United Nations.
Additional people to influence Nathalie are her great-aunt (sister of her maternal grandmother) and her spouse. He was referred to by Nathalie as "Uncle John" even if not really an uncle. She was "Auntie Vera." They had a career as police officers in Britain, and she was one of the first female police officers in a senior role. The also worked as guards for HRH Queen Elizabeth II's train, and they "met and greeted" the Queen during their careers.
During childhood, Nathalie lived in Amsterdam, and later moved to Curaçao, where her father comes from. As an adult she moved to Britain where she lived until 2015 when she moved to Sweden to live with her partner, Anders. As a child, she was an avid reader of books and was (and still is) very interested in art. She was encouraged by a teacher to pursue an artistic career.
She was initially raised as a Roman Catholic, and was baptised in the mid-1980s in this faith, however privately began to pursue a belief as a Wiccan from around 1983. She still pursues this Pagan faith to present day.
The influence on Nathalie's writing comes from reading primarily fantasy and science fiction books in childhood, primarily being influenced by authors such as Isaac Asimov, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jules Vernes and a few other similar authors, as well as reading her father's collection of Georges Simenon books.
Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction
Non-Fiction (as N. Lee)
Previous works (due for re-release)
Nathalie M.L. Römer
Nathalie Marie-Louise Römer
Author, Artist, Designer
Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic Fiction, Science Fiction, Romance, Cozy Fiction, Contemporary Fiction,
The Wolf Riders of Keldarra series
Where available, we list the link to Nathalie's author page on each site that will list all the books and/or editions. Visit http://www.emerentsiabooks.com for similar information for other authors published by Emerentsia Publications as well as other imprints. A direct link to the author page or similar search parameter will be added during Q3 and Q4 2019. Where a link is listed we've determined for the company to be selling Nathalie's books, however, we'll check two weeks and adjust the list as needed. The date below indicates when a check was last performed.
List up to date: 2 July 2019
ALL books are primarily distributed by Ingram Wholesale
Welcome to our WIKI where you can read information about the worlds that author Nathalie M.L. Römer writes about. The first WIKI to happen is based on Keldarra, and although more extensive worldbuilding is going to happen on the EPWORLDS website, which is a proprietory website owned by Emerentsia Publications, Nathalie decided to create a small WIKI-like section on this website.
In addition to EPWORLDS Nathalie has a book planned that will tell you additional information about Keldarra and the other lands in that world.
The difference between EPWORLDS and this WIKI is that EPWORLD is going to be a membership-based club where the worlds of ALL books written by Nathalie will be explored with additional stories to read.
The sections that will be listed are as follows:
History - a brief historical description of a world.
The Lands - geographical information about a world Nathalie has written.
Regions and Cities - information about the way a region or city is governed.
Factions - if there are factions in a story they'll be explained here.
Notable buildings - self-explanatory; you want to know what a building is for.
Notable Individuals and Creatures - Primarily the people in the world.
Customs and Traditions - these get briefly explained.
Objects Used - notable objects used; especially if it's a fantasy world.
Self-Care - the food, drink, illness and medical care.
Nature - the plant life, animals and insects.
Languages and Dialects - explained as needed for real-world settings but described further for fantasy settings.
Time-Line - what happens when in a story.
This WIKI is expansive so you may want to come back often. If I can I'll add links to audio files or YouTube videos that also add more context for the 'Languages and Dialects' section.
Author Bookmark Corner started originally as a pet project to organise all my
many bookmarks relating to this industry.
Then a lightbulb moment and Author Bookmark Corner was born.
Currently, while I garner interest in this project the site will be "public."
But once the content grows beyond a certain size and when I've figured out how
to add a membership status to this part of the website it may become invisible if
you haven't registered on this website, so go ahead and register. Make sure you
use a real name and real email address.
(you can just call it the "ABC List") :-)
'First Chapters' are only available for novels of 65,000 words or longer.
Novellas, short stories, story collections are all excluded from this feature.
Typically a 'First chapter' appears on this website within ten days from publication date.
You may share the page in social media as long as you share a link to the 'First Chapter' page and NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, the content within the page itself.
All content is copyrighted to Nathalie M.L. Römer.
Further 'First Chapter' features are coming at my publishing company's website www.emerentsiabooks.com in due course.
If you are a professional blogger and would like permission to feature a 'First Chapter' on your website, you can do so in exchange for an interview with me on the blog. You can send any such proposals to me at NATHALIEMLROMER [at] EMERENTSIABOOKS [dot] COM, and list "First Chapter Blog Request" as the subject line.
Please include your blog name, audience size, genres covered on your blog, and a list of up to ten questions you'd like to feature in the interview alongside the 'First Chapter'.
Please include your full legal name and a current email address with your proposal.
The criteria for acceptance of a proposal are as follows:
- A 'First Chapter' may be listed if you include a link to the source page at the bottom of the page.
- 'First Chapters' are typically between 1800 and 3200 words in length depending on the book. You may choose between displaying it unabridged or abridged as long as you comply with the other criteria listed here.
- You are not permitted to make any edits to the 'First Chapter'. You may, however, shorten the length included on your site. If you do this, you must include the words 'This is an abridged version of the First Chapter: (insert story name). The full version is available at the link listed at the bottom of the content.'
- You must publish the interview (my only requirement for written permission if you are a professional blogger) at the same time below the 'First Chapter' or on a linked page. You may not edit my answers so not to confuse readers about the information available publicly about Nathalie M.L. Römer.
- Requests for 'First Chapters' are accepted once a book announcement has been made. The content can only be published once the 'First Chapter' is made public (typically ten days from publication date). From time to time I may offer early access to content for certain bloggers to post content as a preview. Typically, this is available to reliable bloggers who comply with these criteria.
- Occasionally, I will make prizes available for readers who use your blog. Such prizes are in limited quantities, and they are offered to bloggers on a 'First Come, First Serve' basis so don't feel offended if you do not get such an item or items to use in a promotional feature in addition to the 'First Chapter' and the interview. Such prizes are rewarded after the 'First Chapter' and interview has been featured on your blog. If you wish to be considered for this opportunity you should indicate this at the time of applying.
- Typically, you can list the 'First Chapter' for ONE YEAR from the day of publication on your site. After that, I ask that you delete the chapter text, and just leave the link to my website and the interview. Copyright of the 'First Chapter' will always remain with Nathalie M.L. Römer who reserves all rights perpetually, including the right to have all content removed for any reason whatsoever without needing to give an explanation.
- If you run a YouTube channel and you wish to have a similar opportunity, please come back later when I have something listed for you. 'First Chapters' are not intended for YouTube, ebook content sites, or any other site that isn't a professional blog. If you are an enthusiastic book reader, please don't embarrass yourself by asking to be considered. Please only apply for featuring a 'First Chapter' plus interview if you have an audience of at least 500 subscribers on your blog. This excludes any author interview submission sites that Nathalie M.L. Römer approaches directly.
- All accepted proposals are considered a business relationship between YOU and our publishing company Emerentsia Publications. This arrangement will be considered a legally binding contract between you, the author and our publishing house. Please include a full legal name for our records which is not disclosed to the public unless it is listed somewhere on your blogging site.